Thursday 28 February 2013

Proposal



PROPOSAL  
My Intension:-
From starting this Animation course I felt it was clear in my mind I wanted to pursue traditional 2D animation ,I gave 3D animation a good attempt to no avail, I personally found the subject bewildering and unclear. I was succeeding further in my skills in 2D animation other than 3D. As a career I would like to find a 2D based animation studio or to excel in freelance work, although I have also been interested in animation story writing and character design which Is also a possibility for the future.
The Skills needed:-
I consider the skills needed for this module are a good sense of timing and composition, story boarding, an understanding of motion, knowledge of perspective and ratio, drawing and observational abilities, an understanding of animation principles such as stretch, squash, personality, and anticipation, also exaggerated to an ordinary sense of movement. Work and character must have a good appeal both visually and personally. If faced with working in a group one needs directive skills in place.
Hardware needed:-
windows (what I personally use)
A mac computer system.
A memory stick or hard drive to save and back up work.
A scanner to scan in traditional draftsman ship.
A graphics tablet for digital 2d work, drawing enhancer
Software needed:-
The software I intend to use will be partly hand drawn work that I will scan into adobe flash and party digitally drawn images from using my graphics tablet, my skills on the graphics tablet are not yet perfected to the level I want to be at so I aim to possibly hand draw the key frames of the animation movements and import them into frames in flash, then in-between them.
I plan to use the programs Illustrator or Photoshop to tidy up, colour and texture the animation frames. For my final render of my animation scenes to create my show reel I will use After Affects or Premier Pro, otherwise both to place together the components of my reel successfully without any mistakes in-between scenes.
For my sound software I am possibly aiming to use sound effects pro though it means skipping from windows to mac which could cause difficulties, unless I save my files as both mac and windows which might cause confusion.  I intend to remain a windows user for this project, though I may need to change. I have a program called Audacity on my laptop so I might consider using this granting if it’s easier.

Production Pipeline:-
Story
Character
Art Direction:-Character development
Story boarding
Track recording, sound effects, music, vocal tracks and voice recording
Story Reel/Animatic reel
Layout, colour styles
Starting Production:-
Key Framing the breakdown animation and in-betweening
Animation tests and clean-up
Final layout and background
Digital Inking and Painting
Rendering:-
Use Adobe after Effects or Premier Pro -  Final render of show reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment